Monday, April 15, 2013

Chills every time

Rare is the song that gives you chills each time you hear it.  There’s something so special about the song – the words, the melody, the time/place you hear it – that it moves you emotionally and physically.

For me, there are two songs that move me each time I hear them.  The first is by Ben Folds.  I’ve always loved his music and his lyrics.  His songs are fun and beautifully constructed, and some of them are downright moving.  “The Luckiest” is the ultimate wedding song and for good reason.


And then there’s Rufus Wainwright.  I have NO idea what the lyrics are about but I love it anyway.  “I Don’t Know What It Is” moves me musically.   It holds your attention from start to finish.


What song does that for you?  The song you heard playing on the radio the night of your first kiss?  Or maybe the song you would play over and over in college that lifted your mood?  And don’t you want to listen to that song right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment